Pemberton are the only manufacturer to offer their customers the opportunity to upgrade any model in the range to Residential Specification BS3632:2015, thus enabling them to live in their desired home all year round.
- What is BS3632:2015 Residential Specification?
This standard defined by the British Standards Institute, was last updated in November 2015 (BS3632:2015), defines a far superior building standard relative to the EN1647 standard applied to Holiday Homes on Holiday Parks. The main aspects of BS3632 which improve the static caravan are;
It means walls built to comply with BS3632 standards have at least 2 to 3 times more insulation than those of typical EN1647 holiday homes. This is illustrated by a comparison of what other major competitors offer
* A u value measures the effectiveness of a material as an insulator. The lower the value, the better the insulation which in turn helps to bring utility bills down.
- Superior Acoustic performance : results in far less ‘noise pollution’ on the park and greater privacy for owners. Holiday homes (EN1647) do not require any acoustic value to pass the regulations.
- The BS3632 standard has a very high level of acoustic barrier required to pass (35dB), necessitating stringent laboratory testing to comply with the regulation.
- Higher Heating performance : results in more efficient and higher capacity heating output. BS3632 requires that an A’ rated heating and water system is installed capable of raising the temperature in rooms to a certain temperatures. These criteria do not exist in the EN1647 Holiday home standard.
- Better Appliances and Lighting : results in better energy efficiency. The EN1647 standard for Holiday Homes contains no regulations on the performance of the appliances fitted in the home. BS3632 stipulates that only ‘A’ rated appliances are to be installed. BS3632 requires extensive use of LED lighting which is far more energy efficient than the traditional lighting used in EN1647 holiday homes; traditional lighting tends to use over 5 times more electricity (Watts) than LED lighting.
- Improved Air Quality : results in increased clean air flow through the home. The ventilation requirements for BS3632 are closer to ‘bricks & mortar’ and differ from those of EN1647.
7 reasons to choose residential specification
Upgrade to Residential specification
What type of insulation is used in the wall?
100mm Thick Insulated Wall
What type of insulation is used in the roof?
250mm Superglass Fibreglass
What type of insulation is used in the floor?
A minimum of 65mm Insulation
What type of windows are used?
Double glazed U-PVC with Low-E glass (U=value 1.6)
What type of lighting is used?
What type heating is used?
Morco GB24 Condensing boiler A-rated
What type of pipe lagging is used under the caravan?
15x25mm Armcell superior pipe insulation on all pipe work
- Sound proofed walls
- Thicker walls at 100mm
- Superior roof insulation at 250mm
- Double glazing is made with low-E and Argon filled glass
- Condensing boiler
- Better ventilation
- Lower utility bills